Chuck was invited to present at the 2019 ATOMEXPO by Rosatom in April of 2019. He gave a presentation about the workforce development issues that Nuclear New Build programs can face.
Conclusions from the Presentation:
- Begin with the end in mind, and then work the schedule in reverse
- Technicians (not engineers) are the largest part of the operating organization
- Labor costs will be significant, and they must be planned for separately from capital investments
- Organizational development & migration will also be challenging and planned for carefully
- New nuclear is a 100 year program = 3 to 4 generations of workers, so workforce plans must be constantly reviewed/updated
You can view the full presentation here.