- The relationship with the reactor vendor will be for the life of the NPP
- The turbine / generator vendor may also be for the life of the NPP, but not necessarily
- The operating organization will have a variety other vendors to support both steady-state operations as well as outages
- Outage support can be scaled to meet the requirements of the operating organization
- The operating organization should develop and maintain an approved vendors list, and work to minimize the growth of that list
- Longer-term contracts will typically save costs for the operating organization
You can read Chuck’s full presentation here.